This pan rules my world.
Seriously, the world will eventually bow to the giant cupcake.
The Wilton Giant Cupcake Pan is the best gift I never knew I wanted. I received mine when my sister surprised me with it at Christmas, and since then, I’ve made giant cupcake cakes for any occasion possible.
Work party? Giant cupcake cake.
Elder Sibling’s 29+1 Birthday? Giant cupcake cake (that looked like an aquarium when I was done!)
Funeral? ….Somber giant cupcake cake?
I can’t get over how much fun this pan is to use. All you need is the recipe to make one 9×13 cake, and you’re ready to go. It’s seriously simple, and as long as you spray the pan well with Pam (or your cooking spray of choice you Anarchists. Seriously, who doesn’t use Pam?) it will come out just fine.
I like to decorate with my piping bag and tips, and have come up with a few tips about this pan.
1. Bake low and slow. 325 degrees F for an hour
2. Bake the bottom part for 15 minutes, then add the batter for the top and bake another 45.
3. Always decorate the bottom before putting on the top.
4. Filling is optional, but a great idea or that is one huge piece of cake.
5. Trim the top of the bottom and the bottom of the top for a more snug fit.
6. Put a little frosting on the bottom of the plate you are using to keep the bottom in place.
7. Leave the cakes in the pan until they have cooled slightly, this will make it easier to get the cakes out.
I hope other folks have gotten a chance to use this pan. Because it rules my world.